Applications for Fall are due January 15 and are free for domestic studentsApply Now
- Three recommendations from people who know the prospective student’s academic record and potential for graduate study.
- Click here for the English Proficiency Requirements for International Students
- The GRE is not required.
- Statement of purpose (personal statement) should focus on research accomplishments and aspirations, and may include figures and chemical structures. Please also identify 3-5 specific faculty research programs of interest to you, why they are of interest (scientifically), and what skills and background you possess that will advance research progress in these programs. There is no maximum length but it should be a minimum of 1-2 pages.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Legible, unofficial copies of transcripts should be uploaded to the application for review purposes. Upon recommendation of admission, the University requires that official transcripts that document all prior conferred/awarded degrees be on file in the student’s permanent record at NC State. The transcript(s) must include a statement of any degree(s) awarded.
Additional application requirements can be found in the NC State Graduate Handbook.
The Chemistry Department pays the application fee for domestic applicants only. Domestic applications will be finished when the payment screen is reached, so supply no payment information.