Advising and Tutoring

In the Department of Chemistry, we provide a variety of resources to help all of our students succeed.

Academic Advising

The university’s Academic Advising Services provides walk-in advising to degree-seeking students exploring majors and current information on general education, declaring majors and minors, and academic policies.

In addition, the college’s Office of Diversity and Student Services enhances the student experience for all Sciences majors and promotes the recruitment, retention, and graduation of African Americans, Native Americans, Latinos and other minority students who are traditionally underrepresented in the sciences. Students working with this office have raised their GPAs and served as officers in university-wide organizations. Alumni continue to reach out to students and serve as mentors and role models. Follow along on Facebook.


Wertz Tutorial Center

The Dennis Wertz Tutorial Center for Chemistry, located in 152 Fox Labs, is a great resource for undergraduate students looking to get assistance in their general or organic chemistry courses. The walk-in center is staffed by peer tutors who can help students understand principles or figure out difficult problems.

The department also maintains a list of students who are available to hire for private tutoring.