Planning for Graduation
- Schedule a meeting with your academic advisor to review your degree audit to make sure all the degree requirements are satisfied. If you are completing a minor, speak with that Department to be certain all requirements have been met.
- Remove Privacy Block: Your name will not appear in the Commencement Program or any honors or achievements list if you do not remove your privacy block.
- Check your name and address. Your official North Carolina State University diplomas will be mailed to the address that appears in MyPack Portal about one month following graduation. Your diploma will show the name that appears in MyPack Portal.
- Be attentive to deadlines.
Complete the online Graduation Application through MyPack Portal as follows:.
- Log into MyPack Portal > For Students tab
- Degree Progress/ Graduation > Apply for Graduation
- Click “Apply for Graduation” in the Program data section
- Select your expected graduation term from the dropdown window
- Click “Continue”
- Verify all graduation data and click “Submit Application”
- The following message will display on the screen “You have successfully applied for graduation.”
NC State University Graduation Ceremony Information:
- Graduation Ceremony Information:
- Apparel, Grad Announcement
- Day-of Procedures
- Schedule of Events
An informational flyer will be mailed to candidates mid-semester. This will provide apparel purchase information, schedule of events, important reminders, student speaker application, and other opportunities.
Academic apparel can be purchased through the NC State Bookstore beginning in early December or May. Preordering is only required for special needs and those orders should be made in early November or April. Photo ID is required for apparel purchases.
Diplomas are 11″ x 14″ and frames are available for purchase at the NC State Bookstore. Duplicate diplomas are available upon request for $40.00.