- B.A. in Computer Science and Chemistry with Specialized Honors in Chemistry (June 1987), Summa Cum Laude, Drew University, Madison, NJ.
- Ph.D. ( August 1991), California Institute of Technology
- Postdoctoral Research (1992-1994), Harvard University
- Postdoctoral Research (1991-1992), NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Area of Research / Academic Expertise
- Research and teaching in physical organic, inorganic, organometallic, materials and polymer chemistry.
- Design and synthesis of new materials with interesting and useful optical and electronic properties, particularly at nanometer length scales.
Questions & Answers
Why did you choose Chemistry as a field of study?
Nothing cooler than manipulating matter and seeing how it behaves.