Report Forms – Accident, Incident and Safety Concern
- NC State Injury Reporting Forms and Procedures
- Chemistry Department Incident Report Form
- Chemistry Department Anonymous Safety Concern Report Form
Personal Protective Equipment
- Lab Coats
- Provided by the Chemistry Department to all students, faculty, and staff through CINTAS issue and laundry service.
- Three types of coats available: Regular, Flame Resistant (FR), and Flame Resistant:Chemical Protectant (FR/CP).
- To check out a lab coat in Dabney Hall – contact Alan Harvell or drop by the Dabney Stockroom during operating hours, M-F 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm
- These are general issue and can be swapped out for cleaning as frequently as you’d like.
- NOTE: If you check out a FR or FR/CP, you will be automatically enrolled in a weekly reminder email to turn your coat in for laundering. (This is necessary to maintain the flame resistant protection of the fabric.)
- To check out a lab coat in Partners III, contact Premila Jayaratne to place an order.
- These are personally assigned.
- NOTE: Orders may take up to 2 weeks to be fulfilled.
- Prescription Safety Glasses
- Bring corrective prescription and order form to one of the vendors listed under the “Safety Glasses” heading on the DPS Prescription Glasses website
- Have vendor fill out the form with your choice of pair and color.
- Email the form to Jackie Hughes in the Chemistry Business Office. Upon receipt, she will mail or fax it to the makers.
- Makers will ship the glasses to the vendor from whom you made the order and there you can pick them up.
- Required training for all Chemistry Department members who do not supervise or work in a lab:
- Required training for all who may handle chemicals:
- Additional Safety Training that may be needed:
- Cryogen Safety
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Hearing Conservation Training
- Hearing Conservation Training Refresher
- Laser Safety
- Radioactive Material Safety
- Radioactive Material Safety Refresher
- Respirator Training
- Analytical X-ray Safety
- Analytical X-ray Safety Refresher
- Chem Dept Grad Student Orientation Safety Training
- EH&S Safety Plan (required for each lab; must update annually)
- Lab Safety Audit Form ( Word Doc | PDF )
- Unwanted Material Audit Form ( PDF )
- Unwanted Materials Fact Sheet
- Eyewash Fact Sheet
- Eyewash Log Sheet
- EH&S Training Record Links: REPORTER (for trainings completed after August 15, 2017)
- Training Record Archive (for trainings completed before August 15, 2017)
Safety Moment Slideshows
- Accident and Incident Reporting
- Basic Hazard Analysis
- Compressed Gases
- Cryogen Safety
- Eye Protection
- GHS vs NFPA Chemical Labeling
- Glove Selection
- Orientation Training
- Peroxide Formers
- Spill Kits
- Sterilization Safety
Lessons Learned Memo Archive
- Ammonia Tank Leak, Feb 2021
- Fire, August 2020
- Glove Box Antechamber Flash June 2020
- Spill and Injury, January 2020
- TFA Splash, January 2019
- Triflic Acid Spill, January 2019
- Waste Bottle Explosion, May 2018
- Ether Distillation Fire, May 2017