Explanation of Defense and Graduation Dates
- No Registration– Date by which you must defend and you DO NOT REGISTER FOR the next semester, i.e. no tuition due. Schedule your defense at least 2 weeks prior (i.e. submit paperwork to grad office). Upload DEFENDED VERSION of thesis no later than one week after you pass defense.
- Registration Required– Date by which you must defend and YOU MUST REGISTER FOR the upcoming semester, i.e. tuition due. Schedule your defense at least 2 weeks prior (i.e. submit paperwork to grad office). Upload DEFENDED VERSION of thesis no later than one week after you pass defense.
Tuition and Fees Billing Due Dates
Semester Year Billing Due Date Summer I 2021 May 4, 2021 Summer II 2021 June 10, 2021 Fall 2021 July 28, 2021 Spring 2022 TBA Summer Session I 2022 TBA Summer Session II 2022 TBA
Enrollment (Registration) Access
Semester Year Registration Opens Summer Session I 2021 Dec. 7, 2020 Summer Session II 2021 Dec. 7, 2020 Fall 2021 March 19, 2021 Spring 2022 TBA Summer Session I 2022 TBA Summer Session II 2022 TBA Fall 2022 TBA
- ETD Deadlines
Deadline Dates Summer 2021 Fall 2021 Spring 2022 No Registration Required 05/18/2021 8/15/2021 1/9/2022 1st Day of Classes 05/19/2021 8/16/2021 1/10/2022 Registration Required 07/05/2021 11/05/2021 4/1/2022 Apply to Graduate & Required Doctoral Forms 07/05/2021 11/05/2021 4/1/2022 Final Error-Free ETD 07/19/2021 11/19/2021 4/15/2022 Final Committee Approval 08/02/2021 12/03/2021 4/29/2022 Graduation Date 08/03/2021 12/14/2021 5/7/2022
- Apply to Graduate– Apply for graduation in MyPack; Inform Grad School if you will attend graduation (they have a form/procedure)
- Final Error Free ETD – Upload your FINAL thesis/dissertation as approved by your committee and advisor. Missing deadline means NO GRADUATION.
- Final Committee Approval– Date by which your committee will go online and approve your thesis/dissertation. If they miss checking the box online, YOU DO NOT GRADUATE.
- Graduation Date – Date of University-wide Graduation Ceremony and the date your degree is conferred (i.e. the official date that appears on transcripts).
- Diploma – All diplomas will be mailed to the address the student listed as their “Diploma or Home/Mailing address” in their MyPack.